Unite for Europe
National march to Parliament
March 25th 2017 11am
Park Lane / Hyde Park
Thank you to all those who donated to make the march possible! crowdfunder.co.uk/unite-for-europe-national-march-to-parliament
WHAT IS THE MARCH ABOUT
Fundamentally, we never wanted Brexit and this march is about making our voices heard. The voices of those who believe:
1. It’s not okay to ignore us
2. It’s not okay to incite hate and divide communities
3. It is not okay to fail to protect EU nationals who work and pay taxes in the UK
4. It’s not okay for a handful of people to decide the future of many behind closed doors
5. It is not okay to lie and put futures at risk for political gain
6. It’s not okay for the old to decide the future of the young
If Article 50 is triggered we'll do everything we can to limit the damage this government will be causing.
WHAT DO WE WANT?
The government has asked for our opinion, and now they’ve closed the doors. This is not okay.
1. We want our voices to be listened to: an open conversation where the UK’s civil society is consulted and where Parliament or the people have the final say on our future.
2. We want to remain a member of the Single Market.
3. We want to secure the benefits that the EU membership brings us.
4. We want a guarantee that the EU citizens already here will have the right to stay.
WHY THE 25th MARCH?
Unite for Europe is timed to coincide with the UK Government’s stated intention to trigger Article 50 by the end of March 2017.
March 25th 2017 is the 60th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Rome, which established the European Economic Community.
WHO IS THE MARCH FOR?
Everybody. From the 48% who voted against Brexit, to those who were not allowed to vote against it, such as the young and the EU nationals living in the UK;
We will be marching to Parliament. The exact route will be finalised when we have an indication of the number of marchers attending. The start location will be advertised here, on the Unite for Europe website and Twitter account, and in the national press.
WHAT TO BRING
Colourful flags or banners! The more positive the better – let’s show our EU love!
Layers of clothing, including waterproofs.
Wear blue and yellow!
Snacks and water.
Necessary medication for the duration of the march.
The march is free, and the more we are the merrier. However, we do appreciate if you could sign up here: eventbrite.com/e/unite-for-europe-tickets-31108939676
A head count can help us plan for the day.
Unite for Europe is being organised by a collaboration between several pro-EU groups, representing a broad spectrum across the UK and also expatriates. If you have any questions, suggestions, or if you or your local group would like to get involved, please contact us via:
Email: [email protected]