‘Distress and the Diaspora: Mental Health in African, Arab, Asian and Caribbean Communities in the UK’ is a conference which will discuss mental health, race and their intersections (gender, sexuality, faith, the role of the state, community and education systems).
The conference will be held on the 25th March 2017 and it will be live streamed.
Registration will be at 9.30 and the first panel at 10am. Please arrive on time to ensure you have a seat.
The agenda will be as follows:
• 9.30am — 10am Registration
• 10am — 11am Panel: Religion
Speakers: Leyla Habebti, Sarah Nwafor and Jaspreet Singh
• 11am — 12pm Panel: Gender and Sexuality
Speakers: Guilaine Kinouani, Jacq Applebee, IggyLdn, Otamere
• 12pm – Break
• 12.10pm — 1.10pm Workshops on Religion, Education & Migration
Shabina Raja, Myriam Kane, Danny Nsar & Kelechi Chioba
• 1.10pm — 1.55pm Lunch
• 1.55pm — 3.15pm Panel: The role of the State
Speakers: Suman Fernando, Deej Malik-Johnson, Joanna Bennett and Dr Ayesha Ahmed
• 3.15pm — 3.30pm Break
• 3:30pm — 4:30pm Workshops on Gender & Community
Susuana Amoah & Chama Kay
• 4.30pm — 5.20pm Panel: Community and Education
Speakers: Malia Bouattia, Vanessa Yim, Aseel Hamid and Malcolm Philips
• 5.20pm — 5.30pm Spoken Word performance by Rachael Black
**** Lunch will be provided ****
A Children's play area will be available, but please fill in this form so that we are aware that your child/children will be coming along: goo.gl/forms/JlGypDWvJmP6tPm83
For more information about speakers and to book your tickets see distressandthediaspora.wordpress.com