FEAR has captured the public imagination. We frequently talk about the Culture of Fear, The Politics of Fear, Project Fear or the Age of Fear. In an era where terror has become part of the new normal we are constantly bombarded with alarmist statements and health warnings.
Whether we like it or not, fear is in the air and we have to engage with it. That is why it is worth exploring how Fear works in the 21st century. This talk aims to explain what is distinctive about the way we fear today. Its focus is on the way that the culture of fear shapes the imagination of individuals and of society. Through exploring the different dimensions of fear the talk hopes to clarify how the culture of fear actually works in everyday life.
Dr. Frank Furedi, author and broadcaster is an emeritus professor of sociology at the University of Kent in Canterbury, England and Visiting Professor, Institute of Risk and Disaster Reduction, University College London.
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Life of a UN War Crimes Investigator: bit.ly/2pgz7NY
2. LDN Talks @ Night | Psychology of Alien Encounters: bit.ly/2pgRlPb
3. LDN Talks @ Night | Pablo Escobar: The Real Story: bit.ly/2qnQzQx
4. The World Screams WAR CRIMES But Is It That Simple? bit.ly/2selM95
5. LDN Talks @ Night | Fly First Class for Free: bit.ly/2u8pajC
6. Dim Sum Talks|Exploring the Mind of a Psychopath: bit.ly/2tdsD40
7. LDN Talks @ The O2 | A History of Psychedelics: bit.ly/2tMv4Yg