Facebook event page
The LightHouse Bar & Club
62 Rivington Street London England, EC2A 3AY London, United Kingdom
Fix It Or Fail: Understanding the impact of adverse childhood experiences on adult mental and emotional wellbeing.
Early brain development is a highly precarious and fascinating process which is heavily shaped by environmental influences. All those early experiences, positive and negative, sculpt the brain’s architecture, with certain behaviours resulting, depending on what the young brain is exposed to.
In this talk, you will learn about the neuroscience of early brain development – how the young brain learns, how it stores memories and how adverse childhood experiences prevent an individual from thriving.
The speaker will share her personal experiences of growing up in a chaotic and violent household, and how this affects her today. Strategies for nurturing resilience in children and adults will also be discussed.
What to expect from this talk:
Insight into neuroscience and early brain development
Links between early experiences and adult mental health
Possible laughter and a few tears
Venue: The Lighthouse Bar, Shoreditch
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2tDBU1x
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. Talks at Breakfast: Quit Your Job & Follow Your Dreams: bit.ly/2tkgcSV
2. LDN [email protected]
|Is There Life After Death? bit.ly/2oZjetA
3. LDN Breakfast Talks: The Science of Psychedelics: bit.ly/2sx5AjJ
4. LDN Talks @ Night | The Psychology of Dreams: bit.ly/2q2FVOk
5. LDN Talks @ Night | The Future of Health: bit.ly/2s25Cxr
6. LDN Talks @ Night | Can The Future Be Predicted? bit.ly/2sti5gn
7. LDN Talks @ Night | The Pitfalls of Mindfulness: bit.ly/2sk0BDv
8. Dim Sum Talks|Neuroscience of Leadership: bit.ly/2siyjrt