Facebook event page
International Students House
229 Great Portland Street, W1W 5PN London, United Kingdom
Bitcoin, Ethereum and the future of digital currency
Bitcoin and Ethereum have been in the news a lot recently due to spectacular price rises.
But what exactly is Bitcoin? Is it too late to get involved, or is this just the start of a something big?
In this talk I cover the basics of cryptocurrencies from scratch, assuming no technical knowledge. At the end of the evening you’ll know:
* The principles of how Bitcoin works
* The key differences between Bitcoin and Ethereum
* Why Bitcoin is an example of a “blockchain" and how this will transform our society
* How to buy and sell digital currency
* Smart Contracts: how they will change how we work in the future
* About the world’s most expensive pizza!
My aim is not to tell you what digital currency to buy, or when to buy. Instead I want you to give you the tools, passion and confidence you need to participate in the biggest technological shift since the creation of the Internet.
Venue: ISH — Regent's Park
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2uEQebz
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» style talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Life of a UN War Crimes Investigator: bit.ly/2pgz7NY
2. LDN Talks @ Night | Pablo Escobar: The Real Story: bit.ly/2qnQzQx
3. LDN Talks @ Night | Fly First Class for Free: bit.ly/2u8pajC
4. Dim Sum Talks|Exploring the Mind of a Psychopath: bit.ly/2tdsD40
5. LDN Talks @ Night|Revolution in Iran: Girl With a Gun: bit.ly/2uAMNnQ
6. LDN Talks @ Night | Bitcoin and Ethereum for Dummies: bit.ly/2uF9LIR
7. LDN [email protected]
|Narcomania: Britain's Drug Trade: bit.ly/2vLEp3m
8. Dim Sum Talks| The Science of Sleep: bit.ly/2tFoimE