Jonathan Tait-Harris has been there and done that… with humour and style, usually in a hostile land and under fire. Jonathan will illustrate and highlight the value of face-to-face communication in the 21st century, referring to his own personal experience — from being an army officer in armed conflicts and a detective for the British police to investigating war crimes, first for the UN in the Balkans and later as an adviser for the US and Iraqi governments.
Despite having been face to face both with Saddam Hussein and Chemical Ali, and having dug up a lot of mass graves in Kosovo, Jonathan amuses and moves audiences with the lessons he learned around the world from many dramatic and improbable, yet all too human encounters.
His knowledge of Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa is extensive and he is regularly called upon to advise and comment to the media, governments and NGOs. Jonathan also works with International Location Safety, which helps NGOs, journalists and professional travellers to stay alive by training them how to handle situations and threats in the world's most dangerous places.
Venue: 93 Feet East, Brick Lane
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2tPHuBM
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Life of a UN War Crimes Investigator: bit.ly/2pgz7NY
2. LDN Talks @ Night | Psychology of Alien Encounters: bit.ly/2pgRlPb
3. LDN Talks @ Night | Pablo Escobar: The Real Story: bit.ly/2qnQzQx
4. The World Screams WAR CRIMES But Is It That Simple? bit.ly/2selM95
5. LDN Talks @ Night | Fly First Class for Free: bit.ly/2u8pajC
6. Dim Sum Talks|Exploring the Mind of a Psychopath: bit.ly/2tdsD40
7. LDN Talks @ The O2 | A History of Psychedelics: bit.ly/2tMv4Yg
8. Breakfast Talks | Inside America's Deadliest Jail: bit.ly/2taVYel