Illustrated talk: Limehouse Basin and the East London Waterways by Jeremy Batch. A talk on the history of Limehouse, The Regent's Canal Dock and the Olympic Park Waterways. Limehouse Basin opened in 1820 as The Regent's Canal Dock, but 50 years earlier the Limehouse Cut had connected the Lee Navigation to the Thames via an entrance that is now being investigated with renewed interest. The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park is built around the Bow Back Rivers, dating from the time of King Alfred but now boasting no less than three new or reinstated locks: Three Mills, City Mill and Carpenters Road. In this updated talk, Jeremy will also cover St Anne's Church, Chinatown, the London & Blackwall Railway and the shipbuilding for which Limehouse was once renowned.