As part of the LDN Talks @ Night: New Years Inspiration, LDN Talks @ Night and Funzing are proud to present Dr. Gabija Toleikyte on the Neuroscience of Powerful Habits.
Have you ever come up with amazing New Year's resolutions such as losing extra weight, starting saving up money, starting your own business, exercising regularly, changing your career, eating much healthier or quitting smoking?
You pumped yourself up with great enthusiasm and thought things are going to be very different this year. Fast forward — what happened a month down the line?
If you are like the majority of us, you've probably gone back to where you started. And that's OK. Our brains resist a sudden change for multiple reasons. Humans are the creatures of habits. We form habits subconsciously without even realising it and yet we often struggle to change them.
If you are fed up of this yo-yo effect and want to gradually create a lasting change, then you might want to consider learning how to work according to your brain rather than against it.
In this talk, Doctor of Neuroscience and Performance Coach, Gabija Toleikyte will explain why your brain resists change and will share with you brain activity based strategies on creating a lasting change.
Venue: Cafe 1001, Brick Lane
Doors: 7pm/ Talk Starts at 7:30pm
Tickets here: bit.ly/2wa3G7D
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» style talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Is There Life After Death? bit.ly/2oZjetA
2. Dim Sum Talks| The Science of Sleep: bit.ly/2tFoimE
3. LDN Talks @ Night | The Future of Health: bit.ly/2s25Cxr
4. Dim Sum Talks| Secrets of Emotional Intelligence: bit.ly/2v1Fs1e
5. LDN Talks @ Night | How to Retire at 32: bit.ly/2tMhyaE
6. LDN Talks @ Night|Quit Your Job & Follow Your Dreams: bit.ly/2tFJuIZ
7. Dim Sum Talks| Can Technology Stop Us Ageing? bit.ly/2v1Hq1J
8. LDN Talks @ Night | How To Look After Your Brain: bit.ly/2tFnhuV