Magnificent and marvelous are the achievement of the human mind in Science, Medicine, Technology, Arts and Thought. Our developed brain enables us to imagine, plan and invent a new world for ourselves and become the masters of the planet: in air, soil and sea. But when we look around, we still see men fighting each other, giving power to psychopathic tyrants that control them. Despite the huge advances in science and Tech, poverty, hunger, and diseases still prevail for most of humanity.
Why is it so? During the lecture, we will dive into our most primitive brain circuits, those hidden forces that drives our desire to dominate others, our fixation to social hierarchy and our tendency to hatred and racism. By understanding our basic biology in its male and female shades, we will try to predict the future of humanity? Will our primitive brain lead us to collapse and extinction or to eons of prosperity and flourish?
Liat Yakir holds a Ph.D. from the Molecular Genetics Department at the Weizmann Institute of Science. Her research interests include topics in Biochemistry, Genetics and Evolution. Today Dr. Yakir studies the evolutionary roots of human behavior, in its female and male colors.
Liat is very passionate about science communication for the benefit of society and her Ted Talk about the 'Science of Love' is one of the popular in the topic.
Venue: Dead Dolls House, Islington
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2sMVFps
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN Talks @ Night|Quit Your Job & Follow Your Dream: bit.ly/2pjnlSl
2. LDN [email protected]
|Is There Life After Death? bit.ly/2oZjetA
3. LDN Breakfast Talks: The Science of Psychedelics: bit.ly/2sx5AjJ
4. LDN Talks @ Night | The Psychology of Dreams: bit.ly/2q2FVOk
5. LDN Talks @ Night|Is Tech Affecting Our Brains? bit.ly/2qvgPY0
6. LDN Talks @ Night | The Future of Health: bit.ly/2s25Cxr
7. LDN Talks @ Night | Can The Future Be Predicted? bit.ly/2sti5gn
8. LDN Talks @ Night | The Pitfalls of Mindfulness: bit.ly/2sk0BDv
9. Dim Sum Talks|Neuroscience of Leadership: bit.ly/2siyjrt