Join us for September's Psychedelic Gong Bath in the spectacular main theatre of the Round Chapel in Hackney, known for its incredible acoustics.
As you lie on a mat on the floor in darkness, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of beeing 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feelings of timeless nothingness, ecstasy and bliss.
Kat Bumbul is experienced and gifted sound healer, working with therapeutic grade gongs, Himalayan singing bowls and a unique voice. She is also a skillful ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy.
* Doors open at 7.45pm for 8.15pm start and the session lasts about an hour or a bit longer
* No entrance after 8.15pm please
* Please bring a blanket and a mat if possible ( yoga mat is fine). A sleeping bag is a good option too. A limited quantity of blankets/mats will be available.
* If on the day you have a persistent cough or some other condition that will disturb others, please get in touch for a refund
* At the end of the bath, you are welcome to stay for tea. Please bring your own cup for this to reduce the waste of disposable cups that we use.
Tickets £9 in advance / £10 on the door via psychedelicsociety.org.uk/events/psychedelic-gong-bath-14-aug
(These events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at. The Psychedelic Society does however organise ‘Psychedelic Experience Weekends’ — for more information, please visit psychedelicsociety.org.uk/experience-weekends