A participant and psychologist from the ‘Psilocybin for depression’ study take you step by step through the psychedelic treatment journey. You will learn about the history of psychedelics as treatments for mental distress, the current research studies taking place, the ins and outs of what happens in a psychedelic treatment session, and the typical after-effects.
Dr Rosalind Watts is a clinical psychologist in the Psychedelic Research Group at Imperial College (led by Robin Carhart-Harris), where the first modern study looking at psilocybin as a treatment for depression took place.
Rosalind was a «trip-sitter» for participants in this study, and has published research exploring participant accounts of the impact of psilocybin, focusing on the theme of 'increased connection to self, others, and the world'. She is now developing training for therapists in the upcoming psilocybin study at Imperial, and pondering on the potential of psychedelics to help heal a disconnected world.
Venue: Cafe 1001, Brick Lane
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2vCbxec
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» style talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Life of a UN War Crimes Investigator: bit.ly/2pgz7NY
2. LDN Talks @ Night | Pablo Escobar: The Real Story: bit.ly/2qnQzQx
3. LDN Talks @ Night | Fly First Class for Free: bit.ly/2u8pajC
4. Dim Sum Talks|Exploring the Mind of a Psychopath: bit.ly/2tdsD40
5. LDN Talks @ Night|Revolution in Iran: Girl With a Gun: bit.ly/2uAMNnQ
6. LDN Talks @ Night | Bitcoin and Ethereum for Dummies: bit.ly/2uF9LIR
7. LDN [email protected]
|Narcomania: Britain's Drug Trade: bit.ly/2vLEp3m
8. Dim Sum Talks| The Science of Sleep: bit.ly/2tFoimE