Why do we dream, and what do our dreams mean?
The average person spends several years of their lives dreaming, yet will remember only one or two dreams a night. Are our dreams really, as some researchers think, completely random and without any meaning at all? Or are they, as Freud thought, the most important window we have into our innermost secrets and motivations?
This talk will look at the biology, psychology, and psychopathology of dreams. Which brain structures are involved in dreaming? When do we dream? Why do we remember so few of our dreams? What are nightmares? Why do we have recurrent dreams? Are dreams a means of dealing with threats? Are there recurring symbols in dreams, and do dream dictionaries have any basis in science? Do dreams reveal our repressed thoughts and desires? Are dreams an aid to creativity? Can dreams predict the future?
The emphasis of the talk is on the psychological explanation of dream content. Why do dreams have the form they do, and can we learn anything about ourselves by examining them?
Venue: Cafe 1001, Brick Lane
Doors: 7pm / Talk starts: 7.30pm.
Tickets here: bit.ly/2vHKi4B
LDN Talks @ Night is a fresh new concept making «Tedx» style talks more accessible. We've pulled in an impressive array of leading entrepreneurs, movers & shakers, bright thinkers and incredible individuals to give you a different perspective, to enthuse and inspire!
Here are some other talks we are sure you might LOVE:
1. LDN [email protected]
|Is There Life After Death? bit.ly/2oZjetA
2. Dim Sum Talks| The Science of Sleep: bit.ly/2tFoimE
3. LDN Talks @ Night | The Future of Health: bit.ly/2s25Cxr
4. Dim Sum Talks| Secrets of Emotional Intelligence: bit.ly/2v1Fs1e
5. LDN Talks @ Night | How to Retire at 32: bit.ly/2tMhyaE
6. LDN Talks @ Night|Quit Your Job & Follow Your Dreams: bit.ly/2tFJuIZ
7. Dim Sum Talks| Can Technology Stop Us Ageing? bit.ly/2v1Hq1J
8. LDN Talks @ Night | How To Look After Your Brain: bit.ly/2tFnhuV