Facebook event page
224-238 Kensington High Street, W8 6AG London, United Kingdom
Creative businesses and the people who start them are different. This three-part course explores their special dynamics and covers the Business Planning basics needed to turn creative ideas into successful businesses.
How do you turn a creative idea into a successful business? Whether it’s setting up a design studio, digital agency, photography business or running a gallery, knowing the basics of business is an essential part of creating a new venture.
Curated by Creative Entrepreneurs, this is the second in our ‘Startup Essentials’ series. This three-part course will dig deep into essential aspects of Business Planning. Through seminar discussions led by experts and hands-on activities, participants will learn the skills and knowledge they need to begin to turn their creative ideas into business reality.
Everyone is welcome to attend this course. Whether you have already started a creative business, have an idea for a new one or just want to learn more, we welcome you to join this course.
Session One: Defining the Basics of your Creative Business
• Overview – What is Business Planning and why is it crucial to success?
• Identifying your product, customer and revenue streams
• Defining the market opportunity
Session Two: Creating a Written Plan
• Overview – What is a business plan and why is it crucial to success?
• Understanding the key components of a business plan
• Applying them to your business
• How to maximise the use of your business plan
Session Three: Getting on Top of the Numbers
• Overview — Key financial information and how to organise it
• Understanding the different audiences for your financial information and their specific needs
• Introduction to the basics of Excel and financial modelling
About Creative Entrepreneurs:
Creative Entrepreneurs brings together, for the first time in one place, the resources, inspiration and networks creative people need to turn their ideas into successful businesses.