Facebook event page
The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace, SW1Y 5AG London, United Kingdom
Royal Society International Lecture given by Dr Jane Lubchenco ForMemRS.
Can we use the ocean without using it up? The task is daunting given current trajectories in fisheries, plastics and other pollutants, and the increasingly serious impacts of climate change and ocean acidification.
However, new scientific insights, tools and partnerships are providing hope that it is not tool late to transition to more sustainable practices and policies. Solutions exist, but they are not at the scale required. Join Dr Jane Lubchenco to explore the novel scientific advances in ocean research that offer hope for the future.
Attending this event
• Free to attend
• No registration required
• Seats allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
• Doors open at 6pm
• Travel and accessibility information can be found on our website
• This event may be popular, and entry cannot be guaranteed
• The event features live subtitling
• The lecture will be webcast live